WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR? This course is aimed at those wishing to learn the art of Draping on the Stand, also know as Modelling on the Stand. This is a method of Pattern Cutting by working with fabric directly on the mannequin to develop silhouettes and details for fashion garments. When the designs are created on the stand they are then transferred onto paper to make a pattern.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
The course will include:
• Methods of measuring the body.
• Marking and preparing the fabric and the mannequin
• Grain lines and bias draping will also be explained.
• How to create a simple bodice on the stand by pinning, folding.
• Marking the fabric before removing it from the stand
• Checking the lines and measurements, altering where necessary
• Transferring onto paper to create a pattern.
• You will then go onto do the same to drape a standard skirt shape.
On the final day you will have an opportunity to produce a more creative shape of your own.
HOW MUCH EXPERIENCE DO I ALREADY NEED? This is an intermediate level course and would suit those having completed at least Stage 1 of our Garment Construction course and Stages 1 and 2 or out Pattern Cutting course or have the equivalent skills.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING? Most materials are provided including 2 metre of muslin. Additional fabric can be purchased from us for £2 per m
Unit F, 23 Heneage Street
+44 (0) 207 375 3235