WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR? This is an introductory course for those wishing to learn all the basics of corset making including body measurements and fitting, pattern cutting for corsets and corset construction methods and finishing techniques.
WHAT WILL I LEARN? To begin the workshop, we will spend time discussing the different types of corsets and how a corset works. We will look at appropriate fabrics for corsetry, different methods of construction and corsetry hardware. We will then take body measurements and make a plan.
The course will include:
· Tracing, marking and creating the corset pattern, with notes on fit and alteration
· Making a toile to check for perfect fit
· Preparing and using coutil fabric
· Inserting the busk fastener
· Stitching perfect boning channels
· Assembly without wrinkles
· Cutting/using different types of boning
· Finishing and binding the corset
· Eyelets and lacing the corset
HOW MUCH EXPERIENCE DO I ALREADY NEED? This is an intermediate level course and you should have learned to sew and make at least one garment before.
Unit F, 23 Heneage Street
+44 (0) 207 375 3235